My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.

My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.
Fall is here! Already......

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Buying "Bug Juice"....

Talked to Donovan this morning from Waterloo and he said it was snowing there, while bits of sun keep trying to shine threw the otherwise dreary sky here in C.R. Computer says it's 29 degrees out, 20 degrees colder than Monday. Think the outside fish are a little stressed from that? Even I'm stressed from that! I ordered a new product off the internet this morning to try. It's called Artic Blend, and "suppose" to help "protect fish from poor water quality all winter". Claims to work in temps down to 35 degrees. Another one of those "bug juices",(bactera based products) but after loosing several of my largest and oldest fish after the record long/cold winter last year, I'm looking for a little added piece of mind. Last Spring I said I wouldn't leave fish outside all Winter again, but after a few pond adjustments, here I am again, doing just what I said I wasn't going to do. I checked on them this morning and they were all huddled in a group like so many hobbos gathered around a burn barrel trying to keep warm. At least none were on their sides, like some fish will do in protest to the cold water conditions.
Fish in the basement continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment