My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.

My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.
Fall is here! Already......

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bickal's new Koi house addition

In an attempt to make this blog just not all about me, today I just want to mention a recent visit to Greg Bickal's Koi Farm. I stopped there recently to pick up some of his mother-in-law's yummy homemade Tamales. Anyway, the stop included a tour of his newly expanded Koi house. To say I wasn't a whole lot jealous would be an understatement. He has doubled the size of his indoor facilities. It always amazes me how he manages to hold down his ammonia in his heavily stocked tanks. He's now more than doubled his water volumn in his greenhouse style facilities. His fish are continueing to grow and looked very nice in the crystal clear water. It was a cozy 65degrees or so in there. Per normal, I could have sat and watched the fish for hours and would have loved to take more than a dozen home with me. Maybe in the Spring when the QT tank empties out. Belated Christmas present to me. I'm sure I'll be revisiting his site to see what new and unusual fish he's managed to spawn. Wish I had his indoor tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment