My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.

My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.
Fall is here! Already......

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

EIPS pond tour is over..

Wow, what a great weekend. The annual EIPS pond tour is over. Despite the half day of rain, I had a really good time as usual. I don't understand why the club has so much trouble finding volunteers to help work the tours. I think they are one of the funnest things we do and would truly hate to see them discontinued due to lack of interest. Harry and I sat at the home of Hugh and Kathi Albrecht. They had cookies, and doughnuts, and sandwiches for us to snack on which Harry thoroughly enjoyed.We love talking to the visitors as they come in. We ask them all sorts of questions to force them to talk to us a little. "Do you have a pond?" "Is this your first tour?"
"What do you think about this year's tour?" Everyone is so friendly. Our pond location was pretty dry till about 2:30. When the occasional sprinkle turned into a full blown rain. As we all sat in the protection of Kathi's living room, I was surprised to see people continue to come into the yard to view the pond, umbrellas in tow. Hugh stood in the garage doorway answering questions for the hardy visitors. The dinner afterwords is always fun too. This year we all met at the Olive Garden. I think everybody enjoyed a nice dinner and it gave everyone a chance to talk about the days events. All in all I had so much fun that I'm going to do it all again this weekend. We've volunteered to help at the Northern Iowa Koi and Water Garden Assoc. annual tour in the Waterloo area. They have 5 ponds on this year's tour. Being a member of that club also, we will also volunteer to help out there also. And, I thoroughly expect to have another great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment