My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.

My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.
Fall is here! Already......

Monday, May 10, 2010

Nashville is under water

Just a little over a week left before we leave to go on our vacation to the AKCA annual koi seminars. I was so looking forward to visiting Opryland Mills Hotel and that area. I've been looking at these fabulous pictures of a boat inside, floating down this stream surrounded by plants and this huge botanical garden. Well, if you haven't heard, Nashville is flooded. So everything close to the river is under water. I guess our seminar hotel, the Milinium, is high and dry so the seminars will go on, but there will be no tours of these fabulous areas this year. Just 2 years ago when we went to the seminar, everyone was asking about Cedar Rapids and how the people here were doing. Now, Nashville is going through the same thing. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to going.
The weather has really been cold hasn't it? My pond temps Sunday morning were back down to 50 degrees again. I surely hope my fish don't get sick. They have not spawned yet. My records show it was June 6th in 2009 when they spawned last year. I'm sure it will be that late again this year. It's crazy. Most people's fish have already spawned. People think I'm crazy when I tell them my ponds have not warmed up enough yet. But then, if they had spawned, all the little guys would be dead, because it's now too cold for them. Even the frogs have finally quieted down.
I spent all of mother's day out in the garden planting, and digging, and tilling. Got a new mini rotor tiller for mother's day! What a great gift! It works great and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment