My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.

My Pond-a place to relax and reflect.
Fall is here! Already......

Thursday, August 12, 2010

crocheting in the garden











Got up this am to temperatures still in the 70's. It was one of those mornings when everything was still covered with dew. I couldn't help but notice that everything was covered with spider webs! Glorious works of carefully crocheted art everywhere. They were even strung clear across my pond stream. Some 5 feet across. I always wonder how they get from one side to the other! Webs draped across power lines, from tree limb to limb, and on every plant in the garden. Territories carefully marked out; plants shared by spiders of every size. Most seemed void of their owners, but I knew they were not too far off. I sure hope they eliminate some of the mosquitoes out there! They have been just relentless. Possibly the worst I've ever seen them. I hate spraying them, but it has been really impossible to comfortably sit outside. They are blood hungry and come in droves. I've been doing a lot of work on the gardens, cutting out spent flowers and pulling the relentless weeds. I don't even attempt this without first spraying down with bug spray. I'm beginning to feel like a deet sponge. So maybe these natural predators will help me out. A food source of mosquitoes is definitely in large supply out there. Any way it was quite beautiful out there this morning. Enough so that I returned to the house for the camera. So what if I'm a minute late for work or so. If you don't pause once in awhile, some worthwhile things will never catch up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment